We are Hiring! Check out our listing below if you are interested in joining the HOTT team
Controller - 1 Year Contract
HOTT is seeking to fill an exciting new staff position of Controller who will be responsible for full cycle accounting up to and including financial statements. HOTT is a growing charitable housing organization with a focus on supporting vulnerable individuals and families. HOTT is in the process of restructuring its staff team and moving its accounting work in-house. The initial Controller position will be fixed-term, full-time for one year, with the opportunity to apply for a permanent position.
HOTT is searching for a skilled and resourceful person with excellent communications and interpersonal skills to fill the new position of Controller. The Controller will be an integral member of our innovative staff team and will be responsible for the successful completion of migrating the data and content from our existing accounting and property management software to a new platform, as well as all regular accounting functions during the year. HOTT is developing a new permanent Controller position for which the fixed-term Controller will be invited to apply.
Position Responsibilities and Duties
The Controller’s main responsibilities and duties will include:
· processing payroll, procurement, revenue adjustments and payables
· leading and actioning the accounting and property management software changeover
· developing and preparing budgets
· producing both internal and externally requested monthly reports
· producing quarterly financial reports
· producing cash flow projections and reports
· reviewing accounting system balances and reconciliations
· reviewing reserve investments balances and generating redemptions
· reviewing property assets
· supporting the year end external audit
· advising on complex accounting issues and providing financial modelling
· ensuring adherence to existing internal controls and developing appropriate additional controls and financial procedures
· liaising with vendors and ensuring controls in place on all external contracts
The ideal candidate for HOTT’s Controller will work well as part of a team in our fast-paced, dynamic environment. The Controller also needs to have an ability to work independently and remotely with minimal supervision when required. It is important that the Controller believes in HOTT’s mission, vision and values, which are to be found at www.hott.ca.
We are seeking an individual with the following qualifications:
· CGA designation
· team player
· works independently and demonstrates initiative and resourcefulness
· highly organized and detail oriented
· results oriented and meets deadlines
· 10 years’ working experience in not-for-profit organizations
· experience in real estate and property management, ideally in not-for-profit RGI housing
· excellent oral and written communication skills
· excellent interpersonal skills
· alignment with HOTT’s mission, vision and values
· QuickBooks and HM Worx as our current accounting and property management software, and Yardi Voyager as our proposed new software
The fixed-term one year position of Controller will receive a competitive salary commensurate with experience.
Interviews may be held via phone and/or video conferencing. Final interviews will be held in person in Toronto.
To apply, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with a cover letter and resume, including the names and contact information for three professional references (to be contacted after the interview).
We thank all applicants for their interest. However only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.